Friday, June 19, 2009

Five on Friday, June 19


Several years ago I read about half of Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way. Much of what I read was helpful, but I must have gotten distracted, because I never finished the book. I'm trying again, with the workbook.

I'm also reading Leslie Parrott's You Matter More than You Think. It's an interesting and personal look at how a woman's life experiences shape her to make a difference and be a mentor.
One of my favorite Etsy shops is Unravelling. Photographer Susannah Conway's artwork, especially the beach scenes, is refreshing in a simple yet elegant way. (Photo above is from Unravelling)
This week we are listening to a bit of baroque music in the afternoons. The kids all have quiet time, and the music is so soothing for them. It's ideal for me too, whether I grab a quick nap, or spend the afternoon writing and reading. Today the CD is Baroque for Bath Time, which is truly perfect bathtime music, but enjoyable at other times as well.
We did a lot of rearranging this week, both furniture and artwork. Now one of the first things I see every morning is my small print of "Fisherman's Cottage on the Cliffs at Varengeville", by Claude Monet. What a peaceful view every morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, well done to you for keeping up with "Five on a Friday" - I've just run out of Friday to complete mine..but they will be showing up tomorrow.

I'm preparing for another trip on Sunday, so it is all a bit hectic.
Love reading about your favourites. The Artist's Way has made a huge difference to me in all kinds of ways. I don't know your other book but it sounds like an interesting read. And Unravelling has been one of my favourites too - she has a real knack of capturing moments of calmness.